Thursday, September 9, 2010

Anticipating Inspiration ....Between The Pages Of A Library Book!

This box has been sitting here empty literally ALL afternoon waiting for some sort of inspiration to hit me over the head and make that light bulb come on....still waiting! LOL Tonight's menu is nothing special...just something quick to fill our bellies before I drop one off at band practice and head back home to lose myself in another Ann Rule book....Oh did I mention I love True Crime stories in addition to my overflowing stacks of Debbie Macomber, Sheryl Woods, and Robyn Carr novels???? I think the first book of hers I ever read was way back in the early 90's ..."A Stranger Beside Me". It was an amazing book about Ted Bundy and his horrible exploits and the fact that she and he actually worked together on some hot line at night for a while. Thankfully she wasn't his "type" or none of us who have ever read her works would be able to read her works now. Well that little thought sure got the ball rolling didn't it??? Hmmmm what next.....light bulb is getting dim....Actually I love reading all sorts of things....Maureen O'Hara's autobiography was amazing...I couldn't put it down ....I've read some great Louis L'Amour westerns too!  I remember when I was a teen and read every murder mystery I could find by Robin Cook and Stephen King....I have advised my son that two movies that were made based on his novels ....weren't worth watching as they were terrible...the books were much better!! I swear as I was reading Salem's Lot I just knew the vampires were going to come and get me....that I never read it after dark! LOL Thankfully I grew out of that phase...although seeing Kathy Bates in Misery still strikes me as a true future Thriller classic....or was that as Bobby Bouchet's mama in Waterboy I can never be sure! LOL !

I found my copy of "My Life In France" and I plan to reread it because it is an amazing story...I loved it the first time I read it about this time last year I think it was while I anxiously awaited the movie that I have seen countless times but still adore (Julie & Julia) to come out on DVD. Personally without the inclusion of this story immersed with Julie Powell cooking her way through THE BOOK, the movie wouldn't have been as good....Powell's book was a good read though....and I did read the next book she wrote but I was expecting more of the same as before and it seemed like a got more of Eat, Pray, Love ...which I couldn't get past page 96 because I got so disgusted at the main character and all of her whining and fits of crying on the floor of her bathroom....just really bad. The worst part is I really tried to read further because I have stood by my rule that once you start a book you have to finish it...well I am not going to finish this one I'm afraid! As for Cleaving, I did finish this one...came away with the feeling that I really didn't want to hear about her indiscretions etc....as some folks say it was TOO MUCH INFORMATION.....so I doubt we'll be seeing this little gem on the big screen. I might give the novel she's writing a try though...I wonder if this novel is the one she wrote half of and never finished...claimed no one wanted to publish it at the time.....LOL Oh who knows the next book might be great I shouldn't be so hard on the gal! So I guess today's thoughts were more about books than beef and what else is for supper huh? Loveyameanit...Queenie

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff. Since U like Louis LaMor...perhaps U would like Elmer Kelton or Ralph Compton. I think Elmer Kelton is the better of the two but Ralph has done some good writing. Luv U.

    ReplyDelete