Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Remembering A September Day And Waiting For November....To Take America Back!


 
I was driving in to pick up yesterday afternoon and as I got further into town I saw it....a car that had one of those flags you slip between the door and the window ....it wasn't a college sports team banner that flew in the hot breeze as it made the turn to wherever it was going...but an American flag. It was worn a bit but the fact that I saw it this week with the date looming on the calendar to remind us what happened nine years ago on that beautiful September day caused me to feel a bit sad yet at the same time I was proud that this car crossed my path ....I thought to myself...He or she hasn't forgotten. Yes we have gone on with out lives after our little bubble that we had been living in was suddenly burst when those planes hit those buildings that morning....we have not spent the last nine years in fear....because that would mean that evil had prevailed. We move on and do what we have always done...but I wonder if we have gotten jaded to it all since then....we've tucked our flags, and shirts, and other patriotic paraphrenalia away...sort feels like the upsurge is over with and there is no need to bother until July 4th like we did before. With elections looming...America is angry because folks who are supposed to be representing us aren't...and haven't been for a long time..and now for some reason we are finally waking up and realizing that if we don't stand up and do something and make our VOTES heard loud and clear in two months we will truly be in a mess and the founding fathers and others before us who fought and died for the things we take truly for granted and don't appreciate until we think we might just lose them one by one will truly be spinning in their graves wondering what in the world these folks are thinking and giving anything to be able to stand in the presence of these so-called "representatives" and shake their finger in the faces of those who seem to want to bring it all down into a pile of rubble...and remind them what this country was built on. Nine years ago 19 men brought down two buildings and damaged a third...thankfully the fourth plane didn't reach its destination because heroes on that flight said NO! and did something about it even knowing that they would not live to see their families again. Let's all band together this year and take our country back to what it is supposed to be and get the weasels and chicken hawks out of the henhouses and make double sure that nothing like what is going on now happens again on our watch...United We Stand??? Time will tell. I won't sit idly by and watch my country crumble like those towers did that day that our world as we know it changed forever....will you? Loveyameanit....Queenie

3 comments:

  1. Amen sister.
    I voted in the primary and I'll vote in the regular election. I'm voting out all the recumbents. They haven't done anything good so far & U can't get change if U keep voting the same people in. Luv U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen AGAIN, sista!! I still remember 9/11/01 like it was yesterday. The shock and horror and anger and fear..... and I think of all the people who lost their lives that day, and the family members from parents, wives, husbands, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, friends that were lost. I for one will never forget WHO did this and pray that our country never slacks off on hunting down terrorists wherever they are. Well written blog, and I'm glad you are my political "sister." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good read..I really must keep up with your blogs..I truly believe in what you had to say and think that there is little being done now, not that to much was done then..I think it's about time that this country stand for it's people and what the constitution stood for so very long ago. Thanks for sharing..it was good to see there are like minded people in my circle of friends.

    Diana (Facebook buddy)

    ReplyDelete