Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Just Love, Love, Love Wednesdays...Especially During Football Season!

Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays are my three favorite days of the week during football season...Saturday and Sunday are easy...I don't have to go anywhere at all...I can sit here on my throne and putter around the house and yard to my heart's content....but Wednesdays...ahhh! During football season this day of the week is very very nice.....I only have to go to town TWICE once to drop off and once to pick up...and then it is home, home, home!!! I love to cook...but it is nice to know that I can just fix myself something of whatever I might be in the mood for on a day other than Friday. It's just the boys and me for supper and then once everyone is all shiny clean sheer bliss...for the rest of the night...not that other nights aren't sheer bliss...but this week there is an away game..which translates to a two hour ride one way on a school bus to get there and then a two hour ride home ..on that same school bus and hubby dragging himself out of bed post-midnight to retrieve one band member back home. Long night! So I really like Wednesdays!!! LOL

I was watching Julia on DVD last night and she was making Quiches...this afternoon I ran to THE BOOK and have decided that I am going to make at least two of her quiche recipes ...they are simple to do and sound YUM!!!! Considering a back to school trip to the library before the week ends...I'm running low on bathtub reading material! Regarding my finding two new recipes to prepare out of THE BOOK....I better be careful or I might find myself cooking through the book...skipping aspics of course! LOL Maybe when I feel the first real nip in the air I'll make me another batch of that delicious onion and potato soup again!!! It was SO good!!! I found out that just like in the scene in Julie and Julia where she is at her kitchen table cutting up that mountain of onions to practice her speed and technique...you really can smell those things before you walk in the room where they are! LOL I cut up the onions for the soup before leaving to go to town on a WEDNESDAY to pick up the boys from school and when I got back....Great jumpin' gosh a-mighty the onion smell was THICK!!! Thankfully there were no tears!LOL So Happy Wednesday ...Loveyameanit...Queenie

1 comment:

  1. How about posting the onion/potato soup. I just luv onions. I also luv quiches. I don't get them very often and I have never tried making one. Maybe I'll have to put that on my list.

    ReplyDelete